MillerCoors President’s Award
DALLAS, TX -- MillerCoors President Tom Long recently awarded local beer distributor Andrews Distributing Co. of North Texas with the "MillerCoors President’s Award" in front of some 2,000 fellow distributors from across the country.
The President’s Award was presented at the annual MillerCoors Distributor Convention held March 21 in Las Vegas. The President’s Award recognizes sales excellence by rewarding the top performing distributors from across the five MillerCoors sales regions with a special trip for two. President’s Award winners will travel to Europe for a private yacht trip on the Adriatic Sea.
“These distributors represent the best of the best in our business,” said Long. “In a tough market, these teams persevered with integrity and a relentless passion to win.”
“We are honored to be recognized by MillerCoors for achieving outstanding results with their great beer brands in North Texas. We could not do this without our tremendous sales and delivery team and leadership along with our great retailers in North Texas,” said Andrews Owner and Chairman Barry Andrews.
“We are thankful for our local MillerCoors team for working with our brand, marketing and sales leaders to deliver a great investment plan for long term brand building and the President’s Award is validation that our team is executing our organic growth strategy at a high level,” said Andrews President Mike McGuire.
Below is the full list of MillerCoors President’s Award winners:
• Andrews Distributing Co. of North Texas (Dallas, Tex.)
• Crown Distributors (Salina, Kan.)
• Jett Distributing Co. (Clinton, Okla.)
• KEG 1 O’Neal (Mineral Wells, Tex.)
• RMC Distributors (Colorado Springs, Colo.)
• Wright Distributing (Bastrop, Tex.)
Great Lakes Region
• Eastown Distributors (Highland Park, Mich.)
• Stagnaro Distributing (Erlanger, Ky.)
• Fleck Sales Co. (Cedar Rapids, Iowa)
• Iowa Beverage Systems (Des Moines, Iowa)
• John P. O’Sullivan Distributing (Flint, Mich.)
• Matthews Distributing Co. (Dubuque, Iowa)
• N.W.O. Beverage (Northwood, Ohio)
• Powers Distributing Co. (Orion, Mich.)
• Robert “Chick” Fritz Distributing (Belleville, Ill.)
• A.L. George (Binghamton, N.Y.)
• Atlas Distributing (Austin, Mass.)
• Certo Brothers Distributing Co. (West Seneca, N.Y.)
• Colonial Wholesale Beverage (North Dartmouth, Mass.)
• L.T. Verrastro (Scranton, Pa.)
• Point Pleasant Distributors (Manasquan, N.J.)
• Wilson-McGinley (Pittsburgh, Pa.)
• Allied Beverages (Sylmar, Calif.)
• Classic Distributing (City of Industry, Calif.)
• Crescent Crown Distributing (Phoenix, Ariz.)
• DBI Beverage San Joaquin (Stockton, Calif.)
• DBI Beverage San Jose (San Jose, Calif.)
• Cone Distributing (Ocala, Fla.)
• Crescent Crown Distributing (New Orleans, La.)
• Goldring Gulf Distributing Co. (Pensacola, Fla.)
• Gulf Distributing Co. (Mobile, Ala.)
• Gusto Brands (LaGrange, Ga.)
About Andrews Distributing Company
Andrews Distributing Co. was founded in 1976 in Corpus Christi by founder Barry Andrew at age 29. Barry started with seven employees, a 12,000 square-foot warehouse, sold 276,000 cases of beer that first year with Miller Brewing as his only supplier. Today, Andrews Distributing employs more than 1,100 team members, manages 5 warehouses totaling more than 680,000 square feet, and maintains a fleet of over 500 vehicles. Our portfolio consists of over 250 brands from 26 supplier partners and case sales are in excess of 27.7 million cases. Andrews is ranked the nation’s fifth largest beer wholesaler by revenue and sixth by case sales. Andrews services areas both in North and South Texas.
Overview of MillerCoors
Built on a foundation of great beer brands and nearly 300 years of brewing heritage, MillerCoors continues the commitment of its founders to brew the highest quality beers. MillerCoors is the second-largest beer company in the United States, capturing nearly 30 percent of beer sales in the U.S. and Puerto Rico. Led by two of the best-selling beers in the industry, MillerCoors has a broad portfolio of brands across every major industry segment. The portfolio is led by the company’s premium light brands: Coors Light, Miller Lite and Miller64. Coors Light, the World’s Most Refreshing Beer, offers consumers refreshment as cold as the Rockies. Miller Lite established the American light beer category in 1975, offering beer drinkers a light beer that tastes like beer should. Miller64 is 64 calories of crisp, light taste that complements a balanced lifestyle. MillerCoors brews premium beers Coors Banquet and Miller Genuine Draft, and economy brands Miller High Life and Keystone Light. Tenth and Blake Beer Company, MillerCoors craft and import division, imports Peroni Nastro Azzurro, Pilsner Urquell and Grolsch and features craft brews from the Jacob Leinenkugel Brewing Company, Blue Moon Brewing Company and the Blitz-Weinhard Brewing Company. MillerCoors operates eight major breweries in the U.S., as well as the Leinenkugel’s craft brewery in Chippewa Falls, Wisc. and two microbreweries, the Tenth Street Brewery in Milwaukee and the Blue Moon Brewing Company at Coors Field in Denver. MillerCoors vision is to create the best beer company in America through great people changing the way America enjoys beer. MillerCoors builds its brands the right way through brewing quality, responsible marketing and sustainable environmental and community impact. MillerCoors is a joint venture of SABMiller plc and Molson Coors Brewing Company. Learn more at MillerCoors.com, at facebook.com/MillerCoors or on Twitter through @MillerCoors.